Friday, October 19, 2007

Pumpkin Patch Field Trip


Lincoln & Makenna's preschool went to a pumpkin patch. After a 1/2 mile hike we got to the south end of the pumpkin patch. All we could find were little yellow pumpkins, or bigger green pumpkins (they looked like zucchini)! Finally someone made it to the North end of the patch and found a bunch of good sized orange pumpkins. So we all walked to the complete other end of the patch and got our big pumpkins! Smart thinking! Now we had a bad pumpkin to adult ratio. At one point Whitney was carrying two big pumpkins, Bond and Marlyn were both carrying theirs, and Makenna and Lincoln were trading off carrying one in a backpack, while I was also carrying two. So I was carrying Reagan on my back and a pumpkin in each arm ( I am sure that I looked like a complete lunatic) and sure enough I tell Lincoln to hurry and catch up, and he trips and gashes his head open, and was bleeding like a blood donor! It was a mess. Reagan was having much sympathy for her brother and started crying as well. It was memorable to say the least! Thanks for your help Whitney! I probably would have started crying too if you hadn't been there to help.

P.S. Thanks to Rachelle, McKinley was hanging out at her house instead of crying on my hip too!

No comments: