Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Runaway Dog

So it all started yesterday when we got back from being away all day.  I noticed that Daisy was nowhere around.  I had Max look in every bedroom twice.  Gregs kids were over so I put them to work, searching as well.  When she didn't turn up in any closets or under any beds, I had them all put there shoes on so we could go door to door.

We went up and down the street across from our house and made it down  our street.  We started to to up the next street, the kids going 2 by 2.  Bond and Simon, Max and MaKenna, Marlyn and Marshall.  While they were covering 3 houses at once, I went to the first house on the next street.  I knocked and a woman said throught the door "who is it?" I replied, "I'm a neighbor from down the street who is looking for a lost dog."  "What does the dog look like" she asked.  I told here and she opened the door.  When I saw Daisy I actually started crying, so happy that we had our dog back.  She was so excited to see all the kids there to see her.  I talked to the lady for a while and long story short, she found her in the morning and called an animal shelter they told her that the bark collar she was wearing was cruel and tortursome to the dog.  To take it off at once, destroy it and to not let the dog go back to the owners, who were obviously mean and abbusive.

Keep in mind that the bark collar she was referring to was a mere $125.  She said she gave it to her sister who was going to drop it off at a shelter where they would destroy it.  I was really happy to have Daisy back but was starting to get very upset about the collar.    First thing this morning I went to the shelter she alluded to.  They knew nothing about it but the guy was really nice.  I recorded my full conversation with the man just in case there was some incriminating evidence I could use.  (Jeff's idea of course)  After returning home I decided I would go down and confront the woman, recording that conversation as well.  Listen to the conversation.  In the end, I got the collar back and didn't have to take her to small claims court.  What a wacko she is!  I am now working on getting the girl fired from the shelter that she did call.  More on that in the future.  

1 comment:

kim dance said...

That is almost as sad and nerve-wracking as losing Simon. Only the old couple feeding him ice cream were not wacko! Maybe you need to implant your children and dogs with a gps chip.